Finding everything so hard to deal with...

Hey,

So I haven't posted on here for a while and i hope you are all safe and not too overwhelmed. 

Recently I just feel like everything, the whole situation happening at the moment has made my ocd so uncontrollable. I feel like everything is a trigger, and I can't do things to try and escape from it because adverts, social media the news etc... all spark my OCD more. I just feel like I can't even face these irrational thoughts because when I do someone tells me something factual that I should be genuinely worried about and it starts again.

I'm also not happy where Im living at the minute and am trying to find accommodation somewhere else but living with a lot of people just makes me constantly anxious. Which adds to my mood: it's like a cycle.

I guess I'm just all muddled up at the moment, im so unmotivated and just feeling hopeless. I just don't know how to get myself out of it. Thank you for any advice

xxx

Hi Soph,

Maybe take a break from social media or go the whole hog and delete it. I deleted mine just before lockdown (after much deliberation of whether I should or not) and I really haven't looked back. I haven't missed it and don't feel I have missed out. It may seem extreme to some and maybe its avoidance but its helped me. 

I worry about the news and current affairs, ruminating and going over and over it in my little head so I take breaks or new's vacations where I don't keep up with the news. 

Edited by Lost in Thought

Hi Soph ? 

It’s so understandable you’re feeling the way you’re feeling at the moment especially with what’s going on around  the world at the moment. 
I too can relate to your fears as I’m sure a lot of people can if that’s any reassurance. You aren’t alone in this ? I think Lost in Thoughts idea of perhaps taking a break from social media from time to time is a great idea and will give you the space to practice mindfulness as well, which will help to calm your mind. 
Whilst you can’t control what is going on around you in the world, you CAN control how you choose to respond to the situation. For instance, you could try to enhance your mental or physical health whether that’s practicing mindfulness by doing some meditation or reading or by doing some form of exercise. You could even make wish lists for the future, any goals you want to fulfil or places to visit. 
I think by realising you do have some control in terms of how you respond, will make you feel a bit more empowered and hopefully put you at some sort of ease. The idea of choice for me is quite a liberating concept. 

Look after yourself and take care. Remember you aren’t alone ?

55 minutes ago, Charley said:

Hi Soph ? 

It’s so understandable you’re feeling the way you’re feeling at the moment especially with what’s going on around  the world at the moment. 
I too can relate to your fears as I’m sure a lot of people can if that’s any reassurance. You aren’t alone in this ? I think Lost in Thoughts idea of perhaps taking a break from social media from time to time is a great idea and will give you the space to practice mindfulness as well, which will help to calm your mind. 
Whilst you can’t control what is going on around you in the world, you CAN control how you choose to respond to the situation. For instance, you could try to enhance your mental or physical health whether that’s practicing mindfulness by doing some meditation or reading or by doing some form of exercise. You could even make wish lists for the future, any goals you want to fulfil or places to visit. 
I think by realising you do have some control in terms of how you respond, will make you feel a bit more empowered and hopefully put you at some sort of ease. The idea of choice for me is quite a liberating concept. 

Look after yourself and take care. Remember you aren’t alone ?

Thanks Charley