Lost a sentimental item

I lost a necklace on Wednesday, it's gone for good now. But for some reason I'm feeling really down over it. It keeps on ticking in my head. I guess it's because I've had it for a few years before my OCD went absolutely crazy in 2017. A reminder of when I was more 'normal' has disappeared. Any idea how I can feel better? 

Sorry, I sound pathetic tbh.

Could you find something else that you love to help you? Another sentimental item? Keep it with you and instead think about this? I’m not very good at coming up with things to help stuff like this, as my ocd is the same and I never know waht to do, I usually just cry about it and then go hug somone in my family. 

Hi @robbiec87, sorry that you lost something important to you.  Its reasonable to feel a little bad about that, give yourself some time to move on.  
Also, it might help to keep in mind that change is a part of life.  Sometimes change happens because we choose it, sometimes it happens not by our choice.  We can enjoy things while they are here, and be a little sad when they are gone, but ultimately we have to keep moving forward.  This was something that was a good part of your life, try and focus on the fact that you had it at least for a little while, not that it is gone forever.  As the old saying goes, "Tis better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all"