Really struggling today. x

Hi everyone and hope you are ok. 

I'm really struggling today. I feel quite sick and very anxious regarding my false memory (which I hate calling it that incase its not). Everything seems so real today, more so than ever. Feel gutted and so worried x

I feel your pain. Im in a similar position but my horrible "thought" was created from something kind of related there and then. Its not something that happened a while ago and now I'm only thinking about it. 

For me the thought came and I believed it. I tried to ignore it and lable it as not real but the feelings it holds on me is incredible. I tell myself this is just a thought but as 11 months has passed it makes me doubt where it was a thought or actually real. That's the scary bit. 

I totally understand where your coming from though as I believe the doubt you put into your thinking leads you down that path. 

Pm if you want to talk. 

Chris 

Hi Saz,

I guess these things don't really go away- we just get batter at handling them. That's certainly the case for me. I'm much faster at recognising when I'm starting to disappear down the rabbit hole and I snap myself back to something positive. Remember, this is nothing new- occasionally it will take hold. Watch for the rumination and "trying to remember properly" compulsions- they won't get you anywhere except stuck for longer.

Hang in there,

Binx 

On 06/07/2020 at 03:05, Saz said:

Hi everyone and hope you are ok. 

I'm really struggling today. I feel quite sick and very anxious regarding my false memory (which I hate calling it that incase its not). Everything seems so real today, more so than ever. Feel gutted and so worried x

I hope you're feeling better hun xoxo
remember to be kind to yourself, lots of patience. keep practicing letting the thoughts be

best wishes my friend!

Edited by hazydaze