Drinking alcohol and ocd

Hi Everyone 

It's years since I last posted as I have got better from ocd and just none to little symptoms now. 

Anyhoo I was out drinking the other night and I had horrendous anxiety for 3 days now . Has anyone had this before?  

I had 6 vodkas and diet cokes and I'm on a keto diet . This was way to much but got carried away in the moment and having fun but paying for it now. 

Need to put some strategies in place so it doesn't happen again.  

Does everyone stay away from alcohol or very good at monitoring how much they have.  ? 

10 hours ago, fefee said:

Hi Everyone 

It's years since I last posted as I have got better from ocd and just none to little symptoms now. 

Anyhoo I was out drinking the other night and I had horrendous anxiety for 3 days now . Has anyone had this before?  

I had 6 vodkas and diet cokes and I'm on a keto diet . This was way to much but got carried away in the moment and having fun but paying for it now. 

Need to put some strategies in place so it doesn't happen again.  

Does everyone stay away from alcohol or very good at monitoring how much they have.  ? 

I stopped drinking around 5 years ago as it just makes my anxiety 100 times worse and for me it's just not worth it

15 hours ago, fefee said:

Yep, this is a well known affect that heavy alcohol consumption can have on our mental well-being. It's a depressant, the worst effects of which are usually felt the morning after the night before.

Whilst not wanting t be preachy, if we know alcohol is going to impact on our mental well-being, when we are working hard to improve it, we have to make a choice at that point if it's worth it. 

I am sure the odd drink here and there is fine, but beyond that, choice time. 

Alcohol has somewhat of a negative impact on everyone's body, however I find for people like us, it hits a little harder. I suspect our brain chemistry makes us more susceptible to the negative after-effects. I've decided to stopped drinking for the foreseeable future; last time I drank which was about 2 weeks ago, it took at least 2 full days for me to feel normal again. I have a friend who deals with depression and the same thing happens to her. I'd recommend avoiding altogether, or setting a limit for yourself so as to not get drunk and feel those horrible hangover pains.