Weird OCD symptom....?

Ok this is definitely by far my weirdest OCD period, ever? I was doing regular techniques to combat my OCD thoughts and boom my brain begins to think of weird sounds whether it be someone screaming or an annoying part in a song, and it's been looping OVER AND OVER for days. If I don't think of it, it goes away, I know it's internal, and dont hear anything external but Lord this is annoying. It's like a terrible earworm. How do I get rid of it, and has anyone have anything similar happen to them?

I think I've had something similar before. I would often hear random things that people had said during the day, it was especially bad if I had been speaking to someone with an accent, then I'd hear the accent in my head. It was bothering me a lot and happening for a while, but I started to just try and be okay with it. Sometimes I would laugh at myself for having this weird experience. When I relaxed, it went away. 

I get this kind of thing sometimes too!
I'll get someone's voice stuck in my head and I start reading in their voice. Or just what someone said like replaying in my head, maybe a word or something.

On 08/07/2020 at 12:41, malina said:

When I relaxed, it went away. 

I agree, try not to let it bother you. It's a paradox because the longer it goes on the more you're probably worried and thinking about it, but that is what is keeping it dragging on. It will go away, just let it be there. Don't try to force it out. It'll get bored and leave you alone :) 

Best Wishes!

Edited by hazydaze