Coping but the thoughts aren’t going

I’m coping a lot better than I was. My OCD is focusing mainly on my relationship at the moment and it’s mainly an accumulation of thoughts of exes, comparing. And I don’t know why as I am not bothered about my exes and the ex it seems to fixate on didn’t make me happy one bit and was a narcissist but because my mind knows it annoys my current partner as I have confessed previously and he didn’t like it. My OCD is making those thoughts huge. There taking over Iv learned not to confess, well learning every day, I’m doing well I haven’t now for a month and I’m happy. But the thoughts are STILL there I’m informing them and not giving them attention but it’s getting a bit annoying now cause I think what if they NEVER go away and still there on my wedding day and everything :( 

Guest dimmerswitch

Sorry to hear you are struggling. The truth is, the thoughts never go away. Once we acknowledge this, we can learn how to not engage with them. Don’t pretend they’re not there, they are. Simply accept the thought, and let it carry on to wherever it’s going, like all thoughts which pop into your head.
Sufferers of OCD only latch onto the negative thoughts as they are egodystonic - the opposite of how we see ourselves, thoughts which are out of our control. So, let them be out of our control. We can’t do anything to alter the flow of incoming thoughts, we can only learn to allow them to be there and not give them any more importance or attention we’d give any other thought. 
Ever been on a bus and thought “why is the driver taking this route?” You can’t get up and take over the driving just because you disagree with the choice of their route. So just let the driver get on with it. It’s out of your control.

6 hours ago, dimmerswitch said:

The truth is, the thoughts never go away. Once we acknowledge this, we can learn how to not engage with them. Don’t pretend they’re not there, they are.

Well said. Certain obsessive thoughts you've had can fade away to nothing, but the type of thoughts, weird intrusive random thoughts, are always gunna be there. Agreed that it's about learning to not engage.