Frightened as usual

Guest dimmerswitch

Guest dimmerswitch

Always worried I could be accused of some awful crime. I daren’t go to a house, even to drop something off in case something awful happens there in the future and I’m accused as I went there once. It looks ridiculous when typing this out, but it’s a very frightening place to be. I remember over 30 years ago when I could go anywhere like a normal person and enjoy life. OCD rules my life and influence every decision I make. I looked at someone from my car, they looked at me, I’ll be accused of something awful, or they’ll get some one to get me because I looked at them. Sat in the car waiting for my partner in a car park worried to look at other cars in case someone catches me looking and thinks I’m acting suspicious. 
It is hell. 

Dim This is just ocd thoughts. Just looking at someone and them looking back at you can not cause anything to happen to you. This is magic thinking ocd. You have to try and not react to these thoughts which is a lot harder side than done. We all have strange thoughts on here but it is the way you react to them that will help you get better. I have magic thinking ocd and I know how hard it is to get over but you can do it. Are you on any medication or seeing a therapist. How long have you been suffering. Just take it one day at a time. You will get there in the end.

Guest dimmerswitch

I have had ocd for almost 30 years. I’m on medication and I’ve had lots of therapy over the years. If you look at other posts I’ve down to support you’ll see I should see right through it, but today I just wanted to get it down as a stream of consciousness as it was happening. I’m ok again now, and I know this will never go away. I just need to practice what I preach to other board members. Thanks Chirpy for reading and responding. 

Hi Dimmerswitch,

I am not sure if this is any help, but prior to being diagnosed with OCD in 2003/04, I too had (amongst other things) similar symptoms to what you describe and was I diagnosed with psychotic depression. it was during treatment with antipsychotics for psychotic depression that these thoughts phased out, but unfortunately, OCD then took control of my life, starting with hand washing.

I guess at the end of the day, if it is purely OCD, then ERP will be the way to go, but make sure you discuss with your doctor if you have any other symptoms, such as depression & paranoia, and so on.

All the best!.

Guest dimmerswitch

I have had ocd for almost 30 years. I’m on medication and I’ve had lots of therapy over the years. If you look at other posts I’ve down to support you’ll see I should see right through it, but today I just wanted to get it down as a stream of consciousness as it was happening. I’m ok again now, and I know this will never go away. I just need to practice what I preach to other board members. Thanks Chirpy for reading and responding.