I dont see alot of hope with this disorder.

Had a very spike filled weekend completely lost in my mind, co-incidental things started happening which creates a worry of validity to the spikes, and unfortunately, I have cognition brain fog issues, which makes insight harder, unfortunately barring just ignoring it all, which is really hard to do, I just dont see alot of hope with this disorder. It has really dawned on me, how much of an illness this really is, no different to someone suffering with a chronic condition such as

Alzheimer disease and dementia.

Arthritis.

Asthma.

Cancer.

And yes on some level I do think it is that bad. I just posted this to vent, Ive tried pretty much everything never really goes away. Seems like such a cross to bear to be honest amongst other things too. Oh well.

9 minutes ago, humbleno1 said:

It has really dawned on me, how much of an illness this really is, no different to someone suffering with a chronic condition such as

Maybe this is part of the problem humbleno?  If you didn't realise how much of a serious condition OCD is until now then would it be fair to assume you might not have been giving it the appropriate consideration for managing and treating OCD?

Yes the conditions mention are serious and yes OCD is every bit as serious, but unlike all of those OCD can be treated and many people leave perfectly normal lives without OCD impacting on them, some people even make full recovery. But to get anywhere near recovery we have to treat the condition as serious and we have to give equally serious commitment to treating it.