Feeling anxious and stuck

My ocd has switched the past few weeks again and its stuck. I am trying hard to see it as ocd and move forward but ocd is keeping me stuck it wont let go. Ive worked really hard on myself and have been doing great. I used to see my therapist every 8 weeks now for the first i am out on my own. She usually keeps me on track this is ocd treat it like ocd and dismiss the thoughts. I try to limit my time of the forum etc and keep for when i really need it and I need it at the minute. I my ocd has latched onto the topic nervousness this kicked in october last year after doing presentation rationally i know its ocd. Then when i shift focus it latches on to why do you feel nervous, can others see your nervous, how to control nerves what if this isnt ocd and something else like. It keeps latching onto everyday thoughts and going ocd. Now if i was to say this is ocd it would lift but the doubt and feel of the next thoughts are there. This is important to me because i am very outgoing and confident when my intrusive thoughts are not wearing me down. Plus my dream is to facilitate my own courses which ive done before and I am studying hard. I just want to be free i get periods of peace the I get drawn back into future thinking past obsessions etc. Please help me see the wood from the trees....xxx

Hi angels!

Sorry that you're suffering right now!

The best way to reach your goals is to keep moving toward them, even a little at a time.  Some days OCD is going to slow us down, some days OCD is going to make it difficult, but some days we'll also surprise ourselves with how well we do.  Just keep in mind what it is you want to accomplish and try to move toward it, even if it's sometimes frightening!

Thank you UpsAndDowns for your support,  I am disappointed in myself for letting my ocd in its a big thing for me to be out on my own. I have not seen my therapist in 4 months now which is really great. But ocd has been playing up a stuck for a few weeks and that worries me that i am undoing my hard work. I am trying to see the nervousness thoughts as ocd also but then ocd brings in past events as evidence and doubt etc. Then my ocd will say oh this isnt ocd you cant treat it that way then i get anxious that i cant dismiss the thoughts then they stick. Do other suffers treat all intrusive negative thoughts as ocd no matter the content. I am aware i am reassurance seeking but I need it right now lol... to help me move on, its tough ... xx

OCD changes themes. Sounds like you’re ruminations are strong? Are you doing anything to make your mind think more? Caffeine, lack of sleep, etc?  It’s best to clean up any thought or anxiety producers then work on things that reduce thoughts & anxiety...

Handy I have had no more stressors that I am aware of other than the usual study work and kids.. sometimes things are going great but my mind is so sensitive to triggers or starts looking for something. After the event I did when I was nervous my ocd latched on and made a mountain out of a mole hill. Then i starting over analysing nervousness and times I would get anxious in the past and use this as part of the debate. Then its stuck on oh you used to get anxious around guys in my younger days I overcame this and grew in confidence now ocd is using this as part of the debate. I find ocd trys to latch onto everything. Then when I say this is ocd and try to refocus it says no this is anxiety something different to worry about I no i am obsessing sounds rediculous cause its all the same thing... If I treat all my anxious negative thought and ignore the doubt it lifts I feel better then i go searching for if to see if it is a problem. My therapist would say its ocd treat it that way now I am finished with her and have been out on my own four months managing well then past two weeks been really tough. I thought i was losing it this morning a felt so anxious like I cant let it go and i have no one to talk to. My brother also has ocd but he has managed it his whole life and never went to see anyone. I dont like telling him when i am struggling incase I trigger him. But he says its all ocd dont over analysis it and refocus. I went to work and that interrupted the rummination for a while and I am trying to get back on track so hard when the anxiety and doubt is sitting but i will keep praying and trying xxx

Hi Angels, ive had my ups and downs, but when i have my downs, there is ALWAYS a compulsion in there somewhere keeping the OCD loop spinning. 

From what I can see above, it appears to me that you trying to get the feeling that its OCD is a Compulsion, as it reduces anxiety after you get the feeling that it's 'just OCD'. 

Im going through a much better time at the moment, and have found that the best way to deal with any obsession, is to give up trying to prove it right/wrong, real/unreal, OCD/Not OCD, etc, as there will ALWAYS be a 'what if', and unfortunately we have to just accept the very thing we are worried about 'may' be true. But its not a flip of a coin 50/50, it could be 99/1 or 1/99 etc, just as long as you realise it is possible, and to be able to live life accepting that your not sure and will never be sure of your obsession.