Hello

I am struggling at the moment I hope due to a meds change.

I contacted the mental health team last week as I was having new horrible intrusive thoughts and they helped me but was surprised when I told them i was on only 15mg mirtazapine. I contacted my GP and they phoned me back to say rather than increase mirtazapine dose to change to an SSRI. I was expected some withdrawal effects from mirtazapine which haven't been too bad but increased anxiety from starting the SSRI has kicked in and I keep reliving recent thoughts. I keep saying to myself hang in things will get better but then the doubts creep in thinking have I the strength to keep going until they do. I am trying mindful meditation which helps but am also considering EMDR/tapping techniques to use at work to cope with the anxiety attacks. I have used them with a therapist in the past to good effect and there is now a virtual product. Just wondering if anyone has any advice

I like relaxation recordings and exercises for dealing with daily strong anxiety, and use meditation recordings that the University of Bangor have on the mindfulness section of their website. I also  found that some exercise helped with anxiety, and I find the smell of lavender oil relaxing. Other than that. it's a case of waiting for things to settle down with the SSRI, as I always get a burst of anxiety at the start.