OCD latching on to past sexual encounters

So my OCD seems to latch onto previous partners or previous sexual encounters. It really eats me up as I get explicit images of past sexual encounters which I DO NOT WANT. I have a boyfriend who I love dearly and he’s a bit sick of my confessing now. I seem to have to tell him about my past constantly and he hates it, sometimes during sex pat partners will pop into my head now I know what to do and ignore them but because I’m not well atm with other things I feel it is harder. It’s even harder when I know his friends are friends with someone I have slept with and Iv told him but he doesn’t want to know but I still feel the urge to tell him who it is I don’t know why, but because I know I can’t tell him the thought is constantly there :( I just wish i could be normal and not cling on to weird intrusive thoughts 

So, you constantly confess and what happens? Does that stop the images? Do you feel so much better after? Does it please your boyfriend?

Confessing is a compulsion and they never work. They don't stop anything. In fact, they cause more obsessions (in this case, images) to appear. And more anxiety. To top it all off, your boyftiend hates your confessing.

Your mind tells you that you must confess to get rid of the bad feelings that come with the images, but your mind is lying. It's simply not true. 

Get off the OCD merry-go-round. Put the brakes on your confessing, pay no attention to the images and get on with your life.

I’d also accept that it’s normal to have flash backs and memories of previous sexual encounters. I do. I don’t dwell on them though. Just think “Oh yeah. That was good/bad etc” We all get this. Let the thought happen, then let it go. Doesn’t mean anything.

On 24/07/2020 at 23:40, PolarBear said:

Get off the OCD merry-go-round. Put the brakes on your confessing, pay no attention to the images and get on with your life.

@PolarBear that’s exactly what I need to do, and I know this having suffered with the same thing for so many years. I’m a lot better than I used to be but sometimes need a kick up the backside and to be told! I don’t want to go down the same road as before as that was a very dark time in my life and I struggled to get out of it! I know what I need to do but sometimes it’s hard to stick at it when the OCD is so so strong! 
im going to keep at it and try my best to fight it and just stop confessing. Thank you polar bear for your great advice as always! 

On 24/07/2020 at 23:57, OxCD said:

Let the thought happen, then let it go. Doesn’t mean anything.

Thank you @OxCD that’s the hard part! Hopefully I can get back into putting this into practice and not letting the OCD win! :) Today is a new week and a new day!