Would you eat the food or the wrapper instead?

OK, I agree, the title is a bit stupid, however a genuine question.

You would eat the food and throw away the wrapper right? 

Why? Because the food tastes better right? 

BUT How do you know the food tastes better than the wrapper? By eating the food, and also im sure some of you, like me, have managed to get some paper from fish and chips in your mouth whilst eating and it doesn't taste nice does it? 

The reason for this post is this:

I've managed to get to a really good stage in my life 'at the moment', after battling for many many years. Im now able 'at the moment at least' to face uncertainty, let the uncertainty be there, and not perform compulsions (over 90% of the time). 

And what I've realised is this, its a LOT more easier to accept uncertainty, than it is to not accept it, and instead do the compulsions...

By doing compulsions and not accepting uncertainty, is a bit like always eating the food wrappers and never trying the food!! ?

After a while of refusing to do the compulsions, the anxiety fades away all on its own, you no longer get anxiety with the uncertainty (or if you do its on such a marginal scale that you can barely feel it), and life is so much better. 

But you will never know if that food tastes better than the wrapper unless you try it ?

Therefore, go on and give that food a taste, and stop eating the wrappers!! ?

Happy Saturday everybody ?

On 01/08/2020 at 03:41, MentalChecker said:

And what I've realised is this, its a LOT more easier to accept uncertainty, than it is to not accept it, and instead do the compulsions...

Really happy for you! What a true statement, so so true. It's hard at first, but with practice, life becomes a beautiful thing again! Congratulations and keep up the good work :)