Grandson with OCD

My grandson has ocd he is 14 and is stressing everyone out we’re all being patient and understanding and is getting help , he’s a good young man helps his dad at work but he has anxiety with his ocd  obviously, we’ve downloaded apps for relaxation and breathing techniques but every day he is saying I’m bored I’m bored it’s so hard to cope with him we suggest everything possible but won’t go out on his bike won’t turn the tv on won’t play on his PlayStation as hates turning things on and off too the list is endless it started when he was 9 now 14 , any suggestions as to when he says he’s bored what can we do or he do ?

Hey @julesjayz :) welcome. 

There is a Friends, Family and Carers section where you can post and read other posts that may be beneficial, just so you are aware :) 

I'm sorry to hear that your grandson is going through a difficult time. It's normal for spikes to happen depending on age and also environment. If you've found that he has worsened over the last few months, I would definitely not be surprised as Covid has been challenging. It sounds like he is lucky to have you and your family as you are doing everything you can to be supportive and understanding. As you have clearly discovered, OCD is super difficult on the family members as well as the individual afflicted. 
When you say he is receiving help, is that from a psychologist or a psychiatrist who is trained in cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT)? CBT is the leading, most effective treatment for OCD. Sometimes it is paired with medication to help, but obviously that's a conversation to be held with a Doctor. 
Also, do you enable his compulsions? Like do you go along with them so as to help him be less anxious? (Unfortunately, this is a paradox as the thoughts will come back stronger, causing more anxiety in the long-run.)

Edited by hazydaze