My Ocd is back again! Can anyone help?

Hi everyone I havnt been on for a long time and because of the recent pandemic my ocd has come back full force, I am constantly analysing what other people say all the time and overthinking, I have a compulsion to confess everything to my boyfriend even the most trivial things will play on my mind until I confess. Eg I have known my friend who is also male for 10 years (who is like a brother to me) recently sent a message whilst drunk saying meet me and I love you like a friend, he then apologised the next day for saying that as he was drunk, however now it is stuck in my mind and I feel guilty and feel like I should tell my boyfriend and confess these things. It feels like it’s burning a hole in my mind if I don’t. Like Iv done something wrong. Even if I think or do something trivial I feel guilty and need to confess to him it’s driving me crazy. He’s not the most understanding person and can take things the wrong way so this makes it worse too. Can anyone help me I feel like a bad person all the time but I havnt done anything wrong.

Are you getting any help for OCD at the moment, Donnahoney, do you have medication, or is there anyone you  know and can talk to who understands OCD well? Talking about OCD itself and how to manage it, rather than the subject of the intrusive thoughts themselves, could be of some benefit. General relaxation exercises and physical exercises might not be enough to completely distract your mind from OCD thoughts, too, but can help alleviate wider anxiety that can build up and contribute to OCD. Doing any activities that are enjoyable in some way, and giving yourself some time, space, peace and quiet, can also contribute to general wellbeing, and that in turn may help against the cycle of OCD.

Edited by AmandaG

Thank you I have a cpn which is helping a little bit but it’s not actually helping me deal with the ocd and Iv asked to be put forward for ocd treatment again. I just can’t stand it when something is so strong in your mind that you desperately want to confess. And it feels like it’s taking up all available space in your mind until you do the compulsion to get rid of it but I know this doesn’t work as it just brings up new ones. But it’s making me panic. I’m on clomipramine and fluoxetine together and just recently had my dose upped a bit however this obsessing has been happening since the pandemic through stress I think.

Edited by Donnahoney1
To say thank you