Hi guys I’m just so worried feeling and have this constant feeling of guilt about me all the time. Like I have thoughts I’m guilty of hurting my child in the past. I’m on new meds a few weeks and the thoughts just seem so erratic now and different like more and more are coming or else like I say I’m left with this feeling. I don’t know what to do or dunno how to say. I’m just scared and don’t want to reassure myself and do the wrong thing. I just am in terrible need of some support. I feel like a horrible person, so horrible and afraid I’m guilty of hurting my child cos I’ve had so many thoughts and so much anxiety since I brought her into the world. I can’t explain why I feel like this, what is going on? Can anyone help? Thank you 

Hi Nikki, 

I know this is not what you are looking for, but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this. I'm struggling with a very, very similar thing, and I know it's very difficult to deal with it. It even has an impact on my ability to focus on my work and studies. I hate it when I am at work or in my study corner and I try to be productive and finish my tasks on time but I just can't because the guilt makes me feel like the most miserable and terrible person ever, and I just don't want to do anything anymore.  

I really don't have any advice but maybe, if you've been in therapy before, you could apply the techniques you learned. Maybe you could try and let the guilt be there, do nothing about it even though it's a very hard thing to do. Maybe you could try and acknowledge the presence of this feeling but still carry on with your life, and, in time, it will hopefully fade. 

I'm really sorry that I'm couldn't be of greater help. But I wish you the best, stay strong and never give up no matter how badly your OCD wants you to. Take care!