OCD making you very sensitive towards others feelings

Maybe this is a strange question. I had a lot of trouble in my family because my parents were both very difficult when it came to understanding my mental health problems and doing stuff about them. They meant well, but it was very hard to get through to them. I think part of my reason for finding it so hard is that - if you have OCD you know that somebody blaming you for something could really upset you. Being told one thing which the OCD latches onto could hurt you for months, years even. So, you assume that that's how it works with other people. 

Like I hated the fact that my Dad smoked, but when I finally got up the courage to tell him I couldn't bring myself to say he had to quit. I just said he should cut down. It was because I was so scared of what would happen if he wasn't able to quit after I'd said he needed to for my mental health, that he'd be so troubled. It's true that he had real problems with alcohol too, so he was fragile, but really, I think for him it would never have had that effect that a thought can have on an OCD mind. If somebody said to an OCD sufferer -  you have to do this for me, or I'll really struggle, it could be very tough if you couldn't then do what you'd been asked. 

So, I'd tell my parents things very gently, like "I don't want to hurt you, I love you so much, but you didn't look after me properly on this occasion", and think I'd told them enough. In reality I should have been shouting and swearing and saying how incredibly angry I was and then doing it all again the next day until it got through to them. Maybe it doesn't work like this at all, but I'd be interested in hearing people's experiences.

What you are describing is like one of my OCD symtoms.  I am frighted to voice any ideas I have in case someone comes to harm from it.  Like asking people to pick me up to go somewhere.   I would never forgive myself if anything happened to them because of it.  It's all to do with that OCD doubt and you have to be strong and try to ignore it and don't let the doubt get to you. Just say and do what you feel.