what is this feeling down there?

1 hour ago, lily17 said:

thanks for your input laura! tho i still think this wasn't an OCD behaviour... you say maybe the action was triggered by an intrusive thought "telling me" to pet my dog in order to get that sensation? i don't know, i think it wasn't that complex, i wish it was that ?

Ok. Let’s say you did it on purpose because you liked the sensation. What is the problem with that? You clearly think there is a problem as otherwise you wouldn’t be worried about it. But you can’t actually tell us what the problem with it is? So either you’re worrying about something and don’t know why, or you’re not telling us? Either way, you find it intrusive and whilst it appears you don’t pet your dog as a compulsion, you are seeking reassurance as a compulsion instead.

Edited by OxCD
3 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Ok. Let’s say you did it on purpose because you liked the sensation. What is the problem with that? You clearly think there is a problem as otherwise you wouldn’t be worried about it. But you can’t actually tell us what the problem with it is? So either you’re worrying about something and don’t know why, or you’re not telling us? Either way, you find it intrusive and are seeking reassurance as a compulsion.

i'm dwelling on the matter because i believe my ocd is making me think it was wrong to do it even though i knew FOR SURE it wasn't sexual arousal or anything of the matter, not even a "sexual" area of his body... 

i want to clear out something:

-first i touched my dog IN ORDER TO get that tingly non sexual sensation in my genitalia because i thought it was a good idea. ??‍♀️

*half an hour or so later* petting my dog as you do just for the sake of it, i start to get intrusive thoughts about what i did firstly, because now i think what i did was wrong even tho not sexual... so now my intrusive thoughts tell me i'm doing it again because i'm afraid to do it now , i'm trying to let them go but it's hard it's been a long while since i last struggled with this ?

Edited by lily17
6 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Why do you think it is wrong?

because i used my dog to get a feeling down there. over all because i felt it down there (which i wanted...)

Edited by lily17
6 minutes ago, lily17 said:

i want to clear out something:

-first i touched my dog IN ORDER TO get that tingly non sexual sensation in my genitalia because i thought it was a good idea. ??‍♀️

*half an hour or so later* petting my dog as you do just for the sake of it, i start to get intrusive thoughts about what i did firstly, because now i think what i did was wrong even tho not sexual... so now my intrusive thoughts tell me i'm doing it again because i'm afraid to do it now , i'm trying to let them go but it's hard it's been a long while since i last struggled with this ?

Last time I will say this (as I want to help and it is not in your interest for me to reassure you):

1. You didn’t do anything wrong. You can’t even tell us why you think it’s wrong!

2. Your OCD is treating it as an intrusive thought. You are seeking reassurance as a compulsion (some people instead repeatedly check it as a compulsion - but you appear not to). You have to stop it as it’s making you worse.

What else is there you want to know?

Edited by OxCD
Just now, OxCD said:

Ok. I understand. Why is that wrong?

because that specific part of the body is linked to sexual sensations... anyone would think i'm a deviant for doing this, i'm resisting the compulsion to confess my doing to a friend, although it's getting very tough to ignore.

4 minutes ago, lily17 said:

because that specific part of the body is linked to sexual sensations... anyone would think i'm a deviant for doing this, i'm resisting the compulsion to confess my doing to a friend, although it's getting very tough to ignore.

So. It’s also just a part of your body. It’s not solely sexual. Some women like breastfeeding. Breasts are “linked to sexual sensations” - but not exclusively. That is why these women don’t think a baby suckling and them enjoying it is wrong. The only reason you think it’s wrong is because your OCD is questioning it. But this questioning will not give you closure. You have to draw a line and stop it.

Edited by OxCD
Just now, OxCD said:

So. It’s also just a part of your body. It’s not solely sexual.

yes, i try to think... for example, that's where we all come from... in a desperate attempt to reassure myself, which i know i shouldn't do ?

17 minutes ago, lily17 said:

yes, i try to think... for example, that's where we all come from... in a desperate attempt to reassure myself, which i know i shouldn't do ?

So don’t do it. Be strong. Take the short term pain for getting better longer term. I know it’s so hard. I find it so hard with my compulsions.

Edited by OxCD
16 minutes ago, OxCD said:

So don’t do it. Be strong. Take the short term pain for getting better longer term. I know it’s so hard. I find it so hard with my compulsions.

i don't know what kind of ocd you have but i've had most of them... and even so, i've been doing  pretty good aside from little setbacks like this one (which i hope i can surpass soon)

it takes a bit harder sometimes but it's factible for sure :) thanks for your help, take care

Edited by lily17
3 minutes ago, lily17 said:

i don't know what kind of ocd you have but i've had most of them... and even so, i've been doing  pretty good aside from little setbacks like this one (which i hope i can surpass soon)

it takes a bit harder sometimes but it's factible for sure :) thanks for your help, take care

All sorts historically. Some similar to you but that was 25 years ago and I’m not even slightly bothered by it any more. These days contamination mostly. Very annoying.

Edited by OxCD