Fighting with compulsions

Hi guys,

So as you know, I have pretty much nailed down what my compulsions are by now. And by that, I know what things I do when it I get anxiety about an obsession i.e. being too close to the bin and thinking i've touched it -> washing myself etc. To caring too much if I have a little pee on me because I'm constantly worried about spreading it on everything around me. Same goes for other bodily fluids which we've discussed. I'm constantly trying to avoid bumping into the cat litter boxes, bins, dirty laundry baskets with open tops etc. The list is endless and I could go on for days about it. The issue I'm facing is avoiding the compulsion. So it's like, if I walk past the laundry basket and I think I've touched it with my elbow, to continue on doing your bit and not caring. Or if I have got a bit of urine on me, just to carry on doing my business and not thinking about whether I'm kicking it on my DVDs, carpet or bed etc. As far as semen goes and poo goes, I'm a little more freaked out about that because I think it is really disgusting but yeah, basically, I just am finding it really hard to resist the compulsions. I've tried the list of difficulties and stuff like that but I get to certain things and I'm still hitting a brick wall. Is there any help you can give or suggest?

Telling yourself that you didn't get bodily fluids on a DVD is actually a compulsion. You get an obsession telling you it happened and then you respond by saying, no I didn't.  See? Kind of a hidden compulsion.

What would be infinitely better is to ssy, yup I got pee all over my DVDs. Then go do something else, instead of cleaning the DVDs.

Got an intrusive thought that you bumped the cat box? Great! Purposefully bump the cat box with your foot. Go ahead, kick it. Then walk away and do something else. 

Sounds crazy bit it works. Empowering.