Confronting my fears head on

Hi there everyone

I have had this illness for nearly 40 years. There have been good times and not so good times. At the moment I am in not such a good time, however I try and take it a day at a time. My ocd is around dates and being on my own. For some reason My think something horrible supernatural will come and get me. I don’t even believe in that stuff but as you all know ocd goes after the thing that really upsets you. Mine been by the unknown. I think I have two types of ocd and that is religious ocd and magic thinking

so back to what my post is all about. I really hate being on my own and will think of a date and then think if I am on my own something will happen. I know this is irrational and I will do anything to not be on my own.

However today I took myself in hand and was on my own for a whole two hours. Now to some of you this is not a big deal but to me I felt like I got hold of my ocd and throw it back at its self. I am so pleased with myself. I know I have away to go and when I am well I enjoy being on my own. It takes small steps to get better again and I feel I have taken the first ones.

Thank you for reading. OCD you are not going to rule me. I will beat you

Nice work :). There was another user today who had a success story and they also experienced a setback, which is probably inevitable. So take it slow and continue to progress. I always find listening to talk shows on the radio is good when alone, as they're live. Maybe you could use that as a progression towards conquering your fears.