Hangover anxiety

Hello. 

Does anyone else’s anxiety seem to be worse the day after drinking alcohol? 

Im considering stopping alcohol altogether as I’m just far to anxious. Like even if I only have two glasses of wine, the next morning I’m a mess.

Any tips or advice on how to cope with it? Or is alcohol just a no go 

2 hours ago, rebecca23x said:

Hello. 

Does anyone else’s anxiety seem to be worse the day after drinking alcohol? 

Im considering stopping alcohol altogether as I’m just far to anxious. Like even if I only have two glasses of wine, the next morning I’m a mess.

Any tips or advice on how to cope with it? Or is alcohol just a no go 

I quit drinking 4 years ago for this exact reason. I found that alcohol makes my anxiety 1000 times worse so for me it just wasn't worth it

2 hours ago, SnowFairy said:

I quit drinking 4 years ago for this exact reason. I found that alcohol makes my anxiety 1000 times worse so for me it just wasn't worth it

Totally agree. I don’t drink as it messes up my sertraline. Not worth a week of anxiety. And it doesn’t take much alcohol!

Edited by OxCD
2 hours ago, SnowFairy said:

Yes it definitely does. I’m literally sat in bed not because of the drink but because I can’t pull myself round. My heart is just beating so fast. I’ve just spoke to my partner & I think I’m going to quit it. 

I thought it was maybe just me. But it seems that a lot of people experience this anxiety after drinking ? 

thanks for your reply.