Does my four year old have OCD?

My son has always been quite pedantic about things, like walking on lines on the road from the beginning and running his hand along banisters from beginning to end but then most toddlers seem to display some of these behaviours at one time or another. It was infrequent, never an issue and never caused me to do more than laugh. 
However, a year ago, he spent a week in hospital with Kawasaki Disease and when he came out, he suddenly seemed to have lots of very strong compulsions. He became obsessed with the straps and tongue on his shoes being ‘right’. Pockets on trousers being ‘right’. Zips and hoods have to be up. We reached a point where one day, he stood shaking in the middle of the room, unable to move because his shoes weren’t ‘right’. 
With huge amounts of patience and endless reassurance, a year later things are a lot better but when he is tired or stressed, these things come back. He also seems to have obsessive thoughts. He saw his own blood for the first time last week when he cut his knee and last night when putting him to bed, I spent two hours reassuring him and checking that he wasn’t bleeding in particular places. He will ask repeatedly for reassurance for hours if he is worried about something.
Does this sound like OCD or is it a less specific anxiety disorder?  We have been referred to a community paediatric consultant but she was quite dismissive of my questions about OCD.Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Edited by Sue W
Typo

Only a medical professional can really make a diagnosis. Repetitive intrusive thoughts are typical of OCD, but extreme sensory sensitivity can be a trait of autism, ADHD or a standalone sensory condition, and a need for orderliness isn't strictly an OCD symptom, althought it can be part of OCD compulsions to alleviate a tangible fear. They'll probably want to look at all kinds of possible explanations or diagnoses before they decide on one or more.

Thank you - he’s had autism ruled out by two consultants and I, as a teacher, don’t feel he has any other autistic traits. Would you ask the paediatric consultant again about OCD, go back to the GP or doing nothing? TIA

If they're hesitant to diagnose anything (maybe they'll think again and consider making a diagnosis when he's a little bit older), I'd personally ask them for some form of strategy or action plan to help manage his distress. I'd be hesitant to opt for purely OCD-targeted therapy, with an exposure element, when they haven't really exhausted possible causes and he may have sensory integration difficulties.