Help! Its coming back.

So... I've been cruising along so well lately, taking 50mg of sertraline and suffering no symptoms! 

Lockdown has been worrying and strange but I have adored spending time with my little one and with everything going on in the world my symptoms were still at bay. He has eventually started back to school after 6 months off. 

Today is his birthday, we went out for tea, I had lasagne (as did my sister) The thought hit, what if this is beef with bse. That's ridiculous, there are regulations and procedures. Yes but what if. Queue the old panic feelings, couldn't finish my meal, felt like I wanted to throw up. I've returned home on auto pilot, carried out bedtime routine and then researched for the last hour on the Web. How many cases lately? 7 in cows in the past 5 years, noneI entered the food chain. Is it likely? Only 178 deaths at his height. How is mince made etc.

Ive got stomach ache and can't keep away from the loo. I'm terrified I'm going to slip back in to my old ways now. Any advice please? 

You already slipped back.

Not finishing your meal and researching the web were compulsions. They were completely unnecessary and quite harmful.

Compulsions provide the fuel for OCD. You feel terrible not because of some errant thought, but because you reacted badly to that thought.

Stop researching. Turn off your rumination. Get involved in daily life. Leave it alone.

Edited by PolarBear
11 hours ago, OxCD said:

Don’t ruminate about ruminants. It’s a rule all of us should follow.

I resisted looking at anything else and just took myself to bed, the thought is still popping up however I refuse to look at any more information and I'm hoping it passes over quickly.

On 10/09/2020 at 19:47, PolarBear said:

You already slipped back.

Not finishing your meal and researching the web were compulsions. They were completely unnecessary and quite harmful.

Compulsions provide the fuel for OCD. You feel terrible not because of some errant thought, but because you reacted badly to that thought.

Stop researching. Turn off your rumination. Get involved in daily life. Leave it alone.

Fab day yesterday and was feeling much more positive, back to the Internet this evening and I feel terrible. Need to stop.