Panic attack amplify OCD

Hello, 

Just a quick question but can a panic attack amplify OCD? I had a thought, I thought and worried about that though and that night I had what I believe was my first ever panic attack. Since that night I've been living in fear that I've done something so taboo. Not going to go into detail as I've done that no end before on previous posts. 

But has anyone experienced a panic attack with ongoing fear. I've read that panic attacks come and go but for me the panic attack I had led to asking questions, rumination and constant fear and worry. My life hasn't been the same since. 

Thanks 

Chris 

Hi Chris,  panic attacks are awful, especially the first time you have one.  I will never forget when mine happened to me, as much as I wish I could.  In my experience they can definitely interact with OCD, which makes sense given that both are related to anxiety.  Stress in general can exacerbate OCD symptoms, and panic attacks are quite stressful indeed.  I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time, but as someone who has experienced panic attacks in the past, I can also share that you can get things back on track, and with the right approach (CBT) and time the anxiety does fade.   Hang in there, take it easy on yourself, and focus on one day at a time for now.  You'll get through this.