Self Employment and ocd

Hello all, hope you are well and staying as sane as you can in these times! 

I got made redundant last year and took the leap to go self employed which I always wanted to do. I've loved it and it has given my self confidence back in my abilities as a graphic designer and I am much happier with the work I'm producing and feel more fulfilled in what I do. In this time I've been working part time at a supermarket a few days a week so I have some financial stability and routine as well as giving me a reason to leave the house as I struggle with being outside sometimes in the real world. It's also helped with covid as a lot of my work went when isolation came and companies furloughed people.

I'm getting to the stage now where my part time job is making me anxious and depressed as I'm really not enjoying it, however I'm very nervous to give it up even though I want to move my business forward and it's at a stage I can support myself financially. 

However what I'm most worried about is if I completely go self employed I'm anxious it will make my OCD even worse than it is (even though it's been much better this year.) I'm worried I'll be even less inclined to go outside and do ERP and every day tasks will become even harder.

Is there anyone who has been in a similar situation or could give any insight, I have in place plans to get myself out the house more and build a routine like going to exercise classes but just worried I'll avoid things even more and make excuses not to leave the house.

Any input would be really valuable. Thank you kindly.

Hi Puffin.   It is difficult to advise because you don’t say what you dislike when working in a supermarket. Do you have the contacts to go completely self employed? And what are your financial outgoings each month?  If you dislike working in a supermarket and have sufficient cash flow to survive why not do something that you enjoy even though it does not pay to get out of the house? It depends on your need for money.

Edited by Angst