Can my subconcious make intrusive thoughts real?

Can my subconscious make intrusive thoughts real? I often forget my thoughts and when I do my mind goes into tension. I try my hardest to recall any thoughts I had. When I do I write them down somewhere. But I still get this ominous feeling that, it might have been made true, without me knowing. It may have been a past experience that I can’t remember, where it might have happened. I usually think that one of my characteristics have changed to the opposite (like from being unselfish to selfish for example)  or some of my learnt skills returning to null. I also get the feeling that some of my values are slowly and unnoticeably changing to the opposite of what I thing is right. If it’s not my subconscious could it possibly something else?

I’m posting this here for now but is there a possible site where I could talk to someone online about this?

On 21/09/2020 at 05:04, Something1 said:

Can my subconscious make intrusive thoughts real?

17 hours ago, Something1 said:

The thing is I can't, if I'm not completely sure that my subconscious isn't playing tricks on me and actually making some intrusive thoughts true without me knowing it.

First, i think its important for you to understand the difference between a thought being "real" and a thought being what you want to do/will do.

All thoughts you have are real, either you have a thought or you don't.  But having a thought and the thought being important are not the same thing.  Having a thought doesn't mean its what you want, or what you will do.  Our brains generate an immense number of thoughts, they have to, its how they work, but we decide what to do with those thoughts, which to follow through on, which to ignore.  For most people that happens largely without effort, its just like walking, you don't think about walking you just walk.  Most people don't think about thinking, they jsut think.  Unfortunately for OCD sufferers we get caught up in thinking about thinking and it causes us distress. 

Everyone has intrusive thoughts, random thoughts, etc.  You can have a thought about flying, it doesn't mean you can fly.  You can have a thought about wanting to punch your boss in the face, it doesn't mean you are going to do it.  A thought is just a thought.  How you choose to respond to it is what determines whether its meaningful or not.

Finally, if your goal is to be 100% certain about every thought you have, you will fail.  It is not possible for two reasons.  First its impossible to be 100% certain about ANYTHING.  Its part of the laws of the universe.  Second, you have far more thoughts than you can possibly keep track of, most of which you barely even notice.  Right now you are fighting a battle that you can't win, but its also a battle you don't have to fight.  You FEEL like you have to fight it or "bad things" will happen, but thats a lie OCD causes sufferers to believe.  You have to choose to accept uncertainty.  Its a part of life.  It always has been and always will be.

The best thing you can do if you are really struggling would be to speak with your doctor or therapist (if you have one) or to find one if at all possible if you don't currently have one.  We can offer support and advice here, but getting professional help opens a lot of doors for recovery.  I hope you'll consider it, you don't have to fight this alone.

12 hours ago, Something1 said:

So my intrusive thoughts can become true without me knowing or it takes lots of practice to prevent it? I'm just asking to specify from your last reply.

You can stop trying to remember everything but it takes lots of practice.