Hi everyone hope you’re all well, I have had a rough time lately, since our beloved dog had to be put asleep, cats have appeared in our garden, we have purchased a sonic cat scarer, and it appeared to be working. I am terrified that the cats have pooped, in the garden on the soil, This is really horrific to me, I can’t cope with my husband going in the garden and then coming in by me. I do realise that this is illogical, but I can’t get my brain to listen I haven’t seen or spoke to my therapist for 3 weeks, this didn’t help, but he has to have a holiday. We are still supporting my elderly parents, and are waiting for a diagnosis re dementia for my mum. 
It has been stressful as it is. Just needed to get it off my chest, sorry.

Thanks for reading.xx

ps I have seen a cat in my garden this morning.

Edited by Madchoc

Hey! :)

I relate! I had a huge fear surrounding feces in general, which I realize is a little different, but please bear with me :)

I was so incredibly concerned that feces of any kind would be potentially spreading deadly illnesses around.

Can that happen? Absolutely. Should I be afraid of it to the point that I consume my time thinking and worrying about it? Should I lessen my quality of life due to being afraid of something/a situation that, at best, is extremely unlikely to happen? A hard and resounding no!!!

I had these fears. And, ironically, this morning my kitty had poop stuck to his furry butt, and I did my best to wipe it off and there was a little residue left. I knew though, that the chances of myself, my boyfriend, and/or his daughter getting sick were extremely unlikely. Kitty wound up cleaning himself off anyway, but even had he got a little bit of poop particles on something, it wouldn't be the end of the world. If it were that easy to get sick from having a kitty, a lot more people would be having a hard time :) 

My point is, OCD and logic have never been acquainted. It is very difficult to see logic through an OCD lens in your own brain, but taking a step back, not performing compulsions, breathing for a bit: You are able to gain distance between yourself and the intrusive thought, and are able to better see it for the mental garbage that it is.

Best wishes!