Overwhelming dreams. Freud was right?

Two nights ago I had a dream where I gave into an urge of touching a child, it's all I remember because it's a bit blurry but I know the content of the dream was a huge trigger and it's making me feel very unwell with myself because I wonder if that psychoanalyst was right after all... did I satisfy a deep desire of mine in my dream? I remember feeling physically satisfied but I don't recall my reaction to it when I woke up, I guess I was surprised and worried but I don't recall nothing more I don't know this is... weird and it's bothering me because if you think into it, it could be true 

My opinion of dreams is that they are all junk. Complete and utter junk.

The problem here is that you are giving meaning to a dresm. Treat it as irrelevant, it's irrelevant. Treat it like a big deal, it's a big deal.

Edited by PolarBear
49 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

My opinion of dreams is that they are all junk. Complete and utter junk.

The problem here is that you are giving meaning to a dresm. Treat it as irrelevant, it's irrelevant. Treat it like a big deal, it's a big deal.

Totally agree. Dreams are a load of sh!t. Everyone dreams utterly random stuff. Okay sometimes aspects of reality are weaved into it... But I definitely don’t want to take over the world with my army of mutant squirrels. ?

Edited by OxCD

Whilst Freud was a significant figure in the world of psychology and many of his theories still relevant today it's important to remember that huge chunks of his work has since been debunked. This is just the nature of research. In Freud's case many of his theories are considered laughable today and it will be the same for many of today's theories 100 years from now. Hopefully you can take comfort in this.

No matter what kind of dream you have it is possible to draw any number of conclusions from it. I suppose in the case of someone with OCD it is even easier to draw negative conclusions as opposed to neutral ones.