Can anyone advise about this situation (re. covid)

Hi Everyone, 

This weekend I'm travelling 300 miles (by car) to a close family christening and feeling so worried about it! My family and I stayed quite close to the same city two weeks ago but the Covid rates have gone up massively in that time and I'm very worried about being indoors in the church, in relatively close proximity to 16+ people (and their kids who aren't counted for in the max. capacity for church services); who may have Covid and not know it.

In terms of taking risks with Coronavirus we have been really careful so far- we have only eaten outside at a couple of cafes/pubs (not indoors) and have tried to be incredibly careful with wiping clean all our groceries, wearing masks and gloves and using gel from March onwards, limiting supermarket trips to once/twice a week and showering after going out etc. This situation feels so much more risky. It is legal to attend christening services but the infection rate  is so high and I'm terrified that my 60+ y/o parents who have Vascular conditions (coronary heart disease and an unruptured brain aneurysm) may contract Covid and suffer serious complications etc. I'm actually finding it hard to sleep at night because I'm so worried that they might die from it. 

I'm unwell with a virus at the moment and it is making my asthma much worse, which has just made me even more scared about Coronavirus. 

I would love some advice if anyone could help- how can I cope with this?

I should add that I really have no control over this- it's my niece's christening so we cannot not go!

Try to maintain social distancing, wear a mask and sanitizing yourself are the best options for staying safe and healthy. I am also scared of going out because of my allergy and whenever I sneeze everyone starts looking at me.