Positive things we have done today

It’s quite easy to allow ourselves to slip into seeing everything as a negative, the more we feel this way the lower our mood becomes and so the cycle begins.

We can all find a positive in everything we do on a daily basis, however it can quite often go overlooked and unnoticed because of our low mood and how we are feeling. 

Let’s try and share the positive things we have done today regardless of OCD and what we have achieved ?

Today i have walked around a garden centre alone and also made myself a drink something i’ve avoided for some time now ?

A very nice idea. Well done for those things!

Today I had a bath and listened to some music which was enjoyable.

I also did a lot of reading regarding my wellbeing.

I spoke to two friends reminding them of their good work.

And I also practiced ignoring my obsessions somewhat, and trying not to give into compulsions.

Good night, and again, well done ? 

I am taking a little time out to remind myself of what pleases and soothes me. 

It's been a great summer for me with great support and care from my wife. 

Lots of successful fishing. 

Plenty of socially-distanced contact. 

Lost a little weight. 

Been happy. 

17 hours ago, Dualdiagnosissoldier said:

A very nice idea. Well done for those things!

Today I had a bath and listened to some music which was enjoyable.

I also did a lot of reading regarding my wellbeing.

I spoke to two friends reminding them of their good work.

And I also practiced ignoring my obsessions somewhat, and trying not to give into compulsions.

Good night, and again, well done ? 

Well done Dualdiagnosissoldier! 

We can always find a positive even on a bad day, but quite often we just can’t see it so it’s good to look and remind ourselves of the positives we have achieved and celebrate ? 

To help lift our moods we need to see the positives we have achieved no matter how small?

I think it’s good to find at least half an hour a day me time doing something you enjoy whether it be reading a book, relaxing etc ?

Hope it’s been a good day. 

11 hours ago, taurean said:

I am taking a little time out to remind myself of what pleases and soothes me. 

It's been a great summer for me with great support and care from my wife. 

Lots of successful fishing. 

Plenty of socially-distanced contact. 

Lost a little weight. 

Been happy. 

Well done Roy! 

These are very positive reminders of what you’ve achieved?

10 hours ago, Lollipop said:

Yesterday I got my hair cut and unpacked some online shopping orders ☺️

Well done Lollipop! 

By replacing some negatives with positives it can help lift our moods? we can easily slip into everything being a negative when quite often they aren’t ?

What a brilliant idea and thread!

It's always good to make a note of our achievements so that we can look back and say 'wow' look at what we've managed to do :)

I will confess, I'm not too good at doing that... so maybe this thread will keep me on track?!?

I think it's great too to share our achievements :) to inspire ourselves and others.

So, over the past week I have done lots of ERP exercises and I have succeeded in touching various 'contaminated' objects without doing compulsions :)I have also painted a mug ready for firing, cooked a meal (spag bol) and been to the dentist (lovely!). 

Let's see what this week brings...

Well done everyone on your achievements :)

Catherine 

It's great to see everyone sharing what positive things we have done today?

Well done everyone! 

Today I have made a large craft bag, something I have never made before and I'm really pleased with it, I had a lot of thoughts and this was hard for me, but yeah I did it :cheer:

Edited by lostinme
13 hours ago, Ocd10 said:

Yay :) 

Thank you Ocd10 it did feel good achieving it ?

13 hours ago, malina said:

What a great idea! Today I managed to start week 3 of couch to 5k!!

Well done malina, keep going ?

Hey,

I really wanted to share my positve thing if that’s ok.

Over the last few weeks I’ve generally felt on top of my OCD - rocd and hocd are my current themes.

One of the things that has started to play on my mind has been hocd related and how maybe I’m feeling better because I spend a lot of time in my flat with my boyfriend and rarely venture out (changes ever since pandemic started) and then panicking that as soon as life gets back to normal and I’ll be surrounded by women in everyday life and then I’ll realise Im actually gay etc etc.

Today I had plans to go out to the shops. I had this thought mentioned above occur and for a moment I was then thinking that I wouldn’t go out and stay inside instead.

BUT, I faced my fear and went out! Not saying I feel cured all of a sudden but Im glad that I didnt give into avoiding the situation. 

1 hour ago, cashewnutsandraisins said:

BUT, I faced my fear and went out! Not saying I feel cured all of a sudden but Im glad that I didnt give into avoiding the situation. 

Brilliant well done. 

I bought a Samsung galaxy tablet and love it. 

My required Windows 10 update on my laptop was a disaster, plus I have problems now with using the keyboard with my left hand. 

The tablet, and a stylus, are the solution. 

4 hours ago, cashewnutsandraisins said:

Hey,

I really wanted to share my positve thing if that’s ok.

Over the last few weeks I’ve generally felt on top of my OCD - rocd and hocd are my current themes.

One of the things that has started to play on my mind has been hocd related and how maybe I’m feeling better because I spend a lot of time in my flat with my boyfriend and rarely venture out (changes ever since pandemic started) and then panicking that as soon as life gets back to normal and I’ll be surrounded by women in everyday life and then I’ll realise Im actually gay etc etc.

Today I had plans to go out to the shops. I had this thought mentioned above occur and for a moment I was then thinking that I wouldn’t go out and stay inside instead.

Well done you've done great, be proud of yourself :cheer:

3 hours ago, taurean said:

I  bought a Samsung galaxy tablet and love it. 

My required Windows 10 update on my laptop was a disaster, plus I have problems now with using the keyboard with my left hand. 

The tablet, and a stylus, are the solution. 

It's nice to see the old Roy back ?

Been exchanging mail with my sister in law in Sheffield. 

Had some fun setting up wireless printing for the new tablet, but it's a great piece of kit. 

Apparently Samsung's business is booming partly due to the dropped demand for China's Huawei products. 

• 2 weeks later...