Overdramatising again? (Tw female stuff)

Hi,

I think I’m overdramatising and seeking meaning in things again but I have no clue really.

years ago I had a partner. We planned to sleep together one night. I was on the pill so I knew pretty much exactly when my time of the month would start. On the night we were going to sleep together I was starting to have cramps, and from that I assumed that probably in the next day I would start. So before I went to see him I checked that I hadn’t started and a few hours later we had sex. 

The next morning I woke up and checked and I had only just started. I keep telling myself that this was basically r*pe because although I assumed I wasn’t going to start I should have said etc etc. Am I being over dramatic? Then I keep telling myself what if I did start and didn’t realise? 

On 25/10/2020 at 16:42, Llb93 said:

The next morning I woke up and checked and I had only just started. I keep telling myself that this was basically r*pe because although I assumed I wasn’t going to start I should have said etc etc. Am I being over dramatic? Then I keep telling myself what if I did start and didn’t realise? 

Hey there! Sorry, may I ask you to establish the meaning behind this? You thought it was rape because you had blood or? 

Rape is when someone's body is used for sex without their consent. If you consented while of sound mind, then no, you weren't raped. That being said, you are ABSOLUTELY allowed to stop consenting at any point!!
The only reason I'm giving such blatant reassurance is, because even though I've been raped (what woman hasn't these days,) it isn't fair to call rape when rape never happened, and you need to be careful about that. But I'm confused with the sentence structure here and what you are even trying to say?