My Teenager has developed OCD during lockdown

Hello

My 14 yr old Daughter has developed OCD during lockdown she has been diagnosed and awaiting referral from CAHMS but here is a 6 month waiting list, Ive booked onto a forum webinar but i was wondering if anyone knew of any good books, apps to help her? Me?

Thank you 

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to heat that your daughter has OCD, but it’s great that you have sought help from various places :)

I hope that you both find the CAMHS helpful, but in the meantime...

There are these forums for both you and her :)

If your daughter is particularly concerned about COVID then OCD UK have produced a brilliant helpful guide about COVID and OCD - it’s on the main website, along with lots of other useful guides and info.

OCD UK have just hosted their annual conference too, which as usual was packed full of lots of useful info and help... I think recordings of the zoom sessions will be available on the website soon :)

I find Prof Paul Salkovskis particularly helpful and inspiring - and the book ‘Break Free from OCD’ is helpful and easy to read :) 

This is when I also plug my own book - ‘Defeating OCD using Exposure & Response Prevention : A Pocket Guide’, which I wrote following my 7 month inpatient admission to the National OCD Service at Springfield Hospital in London... I like to think it’s helpful and easy to use (but it might be best to read up on what ocd is before as it’s more aimed at how to do ERP exercises) lol!!! 

There are plenty of other books too, but they are my personal favourites. 

I hope things get better for you both soon.

catherine 

Edited by Ocd10