Ladies (or men if you know anything about the topic)

Not a lady, but Albertina has already answered that key part :) 
Fortunately/unfortunately depending on how you look at it, living beings, especially humans, are complex biological machines. So many things can impact our mood and our mental health and we are only now beginning to understand it.  Stress, sleep schedule, diet, exercise, and yes for ladies periods can all have an impact on that.  Some of it you can control, some you just have to deal with.  Hang in there and do your best!

14 hours ago, dksea said:

Not a lady, but Albertina has already answered that key part :) 
Fortunately/unfortunately depending on how you look at it, living beings, especially humans, are complex biological machines. So many things can impact our mood and our mental health and we are only now beginning to understand it.  Stress, sleep schedule, diet, exercise, and yes for ladies periods can all have an impact on that.  Some of it you can control, some you just have to deal with.  Hang in there and do your best!

Thank you for the helpful info as always Dksea

I only clocked the connection with this in the last few months when I read that pregnancy (hormones) and then parenting (greater sense of responsibility) can trigger OCD or make it worse. I thought I had delayed post natal depression but now I understand OCD, I realise it was that. I then decided to check out the connection with PMT and hey, turns out that can give it an edge once a month too. Knowing that there might be a reason for the intensity of my OCD once a month does help. Of course I only get to find out a couple of days later if I was right, but so far I always have been.