OCD affecting boyfriends feelings towards me

Hello everyone 

I have been with my boyfriend for just over 2 year and in this time he has developed what I would consider severe contamination OCD in relation to radiation. He isnt bothered by germs or even covid 19 just radiation. He has been hand washing and asking for reassurance for a while but recently it has got to a point he doesnt want me in our house in fear I would contaminate things. He also wont see me anymore as he says getting intimate terrifies him and obviously I am no longer allowed into the house. He has been saying he feels like he has no emotion anymore and he cant even think about how he feels about me as washing his hands is all he can think about. He has always been adamant he isnt going to a doctor but I feel he could be persuaded in time. Has anyone else been in this situation before of not being allowed anywhere near your loved one as they have created a safety bubble for themselves or has anyone experienced their loved one loosing all emotions towards everything including them? Its just so sad to see him change into a different person and not be able to feel happy anymore.

I’m sorry for your situation. Hopefully when he is ready he will speak to a doctor. The cure for him is to not act on the intrusive thoughts so carry out no compulsions... no ruminating... it’s not easy. And no to google searches on the subjects he concerned with.

Edited by daja
On 06/11/2020 at 01:07, daja said:

I’m sorry for your situation. Hopefully when he is ready he will speak to a doctor. The cure for him is to not act on the intrusive thoughts so carry out no compulsions... no ruminating... it’s not easy. And no to google searches on the subjects he concerned with.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately now he has asked me for space as he wants to sort himself out (in his words) before committing to the relationship and it must also be hard for him to commit to the relationship and not be able to feel anything anymore. Is it possible for him to be able to get better alone with no medication or therapy as he is doing? I am no longer in a position to encourage him to get professional advice or help as I have to respect his decision in wanting space