is it normal to still have intrusive thoughts whilst on medication?

i seen a post on facebook about sertraline and no longer getting intrusive thoughts. I still get them, and it had me worried and being like 'well if yours are still there then it must mean they're actually your thoughts' and i got worried. I was just wondering though, what has medication done for you guys? Has it helped with your anxiety? your intrusive thoughts?

Everyone gets intrusive thoughts. The difference is people with OCD latch on to them,  rather than dismissing them. I too read a post somewhere that sertraline had stopped someone having intrusive thoughts, maybe it did, or maybe, (and I think more likely) it enabled them to dismiss the thoughts more readily so that they just didn't give them any attention, to the point that they didn't particularly recall having them. My son has been on sertraline a year now, he still gets intrusive thoughts, however the sertraline has helped him cope with the anxiety they bring, enabling him to focus and practice CBT. He still gets 'stuck' with some thoughts but is less anxious and most of the time he can dismiss them more easily as nonsense. 

Edited by ConcernedMum
Correction