OCD/Asperger co-morbid ERP

My diagnosis is having OCD and being on the autism spectrum co-morbidly. I'm sure if I really believe that it's the case and I just get more confused, but I'm fine with it though if that's the case.

One thing I've heard though is that ERP doesn't work if you have Asperger's on the side. Has anyone heard anything about this and is there a reason?

18 hours ago, Labbetuss said:

My diagnosis is having OCD and being on the autism spectrum co-morbidly. I'm sure if I really believe that it's the case and I just get more confused, but I'm fine with it though if that's the case.

One thing I've heard though is that ERP doesn't work if you have Asperger's on the side. Has anyone heard anything about this and is there a reason?

Hi buddy,

I have Autism and OCD and ERP has worked well for me? 

23 hours ago, OnlyAlex said:

Hi buddy,

I have Autism and OCD and ERP has worked well for me? 

Thanks for your reply! Was there anyone saying it wouldn't. I have no idea where this idea comes from, but it seems to be quite popular around here. Unless I've misunderstood and my OCD symptoms are really just ASD. 

1 hour ago, Labbetuss said:

Thanks for your reply! Was there anyone saying it wouldn't. I have no idea where this idea comes from, but it seems to be quite popular around here. Unless I've misunderstood and my OCD symptoms are really just ASD. 

No worries. I personally haven't come across this if I'm honest. It's true that if it's OCD, then it should respond to treatment - ERP. If it's really just ASD by itself, then obviously ERP won't work. There was a really good seminar recently that took place at OCD-UK annual virtual conference this year, where a therapist talked about the differences, and it's really hard to work out the difference as there is a lot of ASD symptoms that look like OCD, and vica-versa. Hope that helps. :)