is this a compulsion or the ocd?

So on snapchat, I have a friend who has a baby girl. She posted a photo of her baby in the bath (everything was covered). I was just clicking through everyone's images, and then this one popped up as the next one to view. I didn't click as I panicked and put my phone down. My brain is telling me to look at it (or look at my friends Facebook page) which I do not want to do. Would looking at the pages be a compulsion? How do I tackle this?  I know that I cannot avoid snapchat and Facebook all together. 

I hope this makes sense. 

Hi Hayley :)

Whether or not it's a compulsion depends on why you want to look at the picture in the first place. If it's to check in some way, then it's probably a compulsion, if you're not looking at it because of avoidance then that would be a compulsion. It really depends on what you make of looking or not looking.

Gemma :)

14 minutes ago, Gemma@OCDUK said:

Hi Hayley :)

Whether or not it's a compulsion depends on why you want to look at the picture in the first place. If it's to check in some way, then it's probably a compulsion, if you're not looking at it because of avoidance then that would be a compulsion. It really depends on what you make of looking or not looking.

i am not looking at it because of avoidance. I don't want a horrible thought to pop into my head.

2 minutes ago, Haayleey96 said:

i am not looking at it because of avoidance. I don't want a horrible thought to pop into my head.

If i did look at it, it would be to check. And then i would feel like a bad person for looking/checking.

22 minutes ago, Haayleey96 said:

21 minutes ago, Haayleey96 said:

If i did look at it, it would be to check. And then i would feel like a bad person for looking/checking.

So are you saying that it's a compulsion if you do and if you don't look? If so, do you know aside from OCD what you'd like to do?

2 hours ago, Gemma@OCDUK said:

So are you saying that it's a compulsion if you do and if you don't look? If so, do you know aside from OCD what you'd like to do?

i guess so , and aside from OCD, i'd just like to ignore it all together.

Edited by Haayleey96
6 minutes ago, Haayleey96 said:

2 hours ago, Gemma@OCDUK said:

i hope i'm not making myself sound like a wrong'un :( i'm just scared and i dont know what to do.

Edited by Haayleey96
14 hours ago, Haayleey96 said:

i guess so , and aside from OCD, i'd just like to ignore it all together.

14 hours ago, Haayleey96 said:

i hope i'm not making myself sound like a wrong'un :( i'm just scared and i dont know what to do.

If you'd rather not go and look at the photo then do that. I know it's easy to get completely bamboozled by OCD but sometimes we can only do what we think we would prefer to and leave it at that. 

I know you're worried but remember it's OCD causing this worry and making you feel so unsure. It's also natural to be scared but just keep trying your best. Are you getting any help for your OCD at the moment?