Is this normal for intrusive thoughts?

So I know it’s normal to get intrusive imagery/visuals as I get that, but is it normal to have an intrusive internal voice? More often I will get repetitive thoughts usually along the lines of harming someone I love. A common and frequent one for me is “I hope -insert family member here- dies of cancer” it’s really awful and makes me feel awful and it happens frequently. To make myself feel better I think “shut up brain” or I wish the thoughts on myself...is this normal for OCD? It makes me feel like I’m crazy and have a more serious mental illness.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2020 at 18:25, Llb93 said:

So I know it’s normal to get intrusive imagery/visuals as I get that, but is it normal to have an intrusive internal voice? More often I will get repetitive thoughts usually along the lines of harming someone I love. A common and frequent one for me is “I hope -insert family member here- dies of cancer” it’s really awful and makes me feel awful and it happens frequently. To make myself feel better I think “shut up brain” or I wish the thoughts on myself...is this normal for OCD? It makes me feel like I’m crazy and have a more serious mental illness.

Hi I just want to say, your not alone I suffer with this too ☹️ It’s awful x