What have you done today to make you feel proud?

A thread for us to celebrate those things (however big or small) that we have done today to make us feel proud and combat this monster!

Today, i went to the supermarket with my boyfriend. I faced some of my fears in that supermarket, but today i have felt the best i have in ages! We also have my 4 month old nephew staying over and he makes me super happy. I have completed university work and got myself back into listening to music and reading for pleasure (something which depression robbed from me for a few weeks)

15 hours ago, Haayleey96 said:

A thread for us to celebrate those things (however big or small) that we have done today to make us feel proud and combat this monster!

Today, i went to the supermarket with my boyfriend. I faced some of my fears in that supermarket, but today i have felt the best i have in ages! We also have my 4 month old nephew staying over and he makes me super happy. I have completed university work and got myself back into listening to music and reading for pleasure (something which depression robbed from me for a few weeks)

Love the idea of this thread - thank you. 

Sounds like you achieved a lot yesterday - well done! :) 

Today I did two loads of washing, mopped the floors, cleaned bathroom and had a proper shave.

Today was the first day I came into contact with somebody else suffering with OCD and subsequently the first day I have used a forum for OCD, I believe this platform could help and I'm glad I have taken part in it and hope to use it more in the future  :) 

1 minute ago, markuss said:

Today was the first day I came into contact with somebody else suffering with OCD and subsequently the first day I have used a forum for OCD, I believe this platform could help and I'm glad I have taken part in it and hope to use it more in the future  :) 

Welcome to the forum! ?

This is a good positive thread. ? I had a little bit of a thing today as I was in the shops buying some donuts, I know I shouldn't but I was lifting the donuts I felt something walking on my thumb, it was one of those small flies. I don't like flies. Usually anytime I see a fly I automatically think it's going to go up my nose. My main ocd is the harm one.

An achievement that happened yesterday, I was meeting up for a running group, we did roughly a mile running but by near the end of it I felt out of breath and wasn't really wanting to be competitive, I was merely testing myself to see if I could mostly run the mile. I felt proud doing that as I'm not the most healthiest person around. I used to love the running a long time ago back in my school days, I did the cross countries and shorter sprint type runs which I did not too bad in.  

Great thread--thank you for starting this--motivated me to log on after a long time away!

Struggling lately and so need the extra motivation to get back to tackling things in a useful way. I wish there was an option to 'like' posts of other people's. "Likes" all round!to all the challenges faced here!?

Today I sat with all the feelings of guilt and shame that OCD was throwing at me, not going toward reassurance.

Also doing laundry in a shared machine--I still wipe down/disinfect the machines but it is a challenge that I am happy to be facing. I also didn't shower after disinfecting the machines although the thought occurred to me

This is for last night - but real stoked! :D 

I love playing video games (right now I'm on the Witcher 3) but I have a hard time with RPG games sometimes, I feel like if the character in the game runs into a kid for example that I've done something perverted. I know. OCD, am I right? So yesterday, since there is literally no reason why you should have to restart your game 100 times in a session, I decided that I will not restart, no matter what makes me uncomfortable. And I did it! I may have restarted one time, but compared to my usual 30 times in 2 hours, it was a big improvement!!! I enjoyed the game much more :) 

12 hours ago, hazydaze said:

This is for last night - but real stoked! :D 

I love playing video games (right now I'm on the Witcher 3) but I have a hard time with RPG games sometimes, I feel like if the character in the game runs into a kid for example that I've done something perverted. I know. OCD, am I right? So yesterday, since there is literally no reason why you should have to restart your game 100 times in a session, I decided that I will not restart, no matter what makes me uncomfortable. And I did it! I may have restarted one time, but compared to my usual 30 times in 2 hours, it was a big improvement!!! I enjoyed the game much more :) 

Well done! :)