I’m so nervous!

So my 17 year old daughter is going out of town for a week starting today. I am so nervous because that leaves just me, my husband and my 14 year old son (and our three pugs) ?. If you’ve read any of my previous posts you’ll see that my fear current y revolves around making sexual advances to my son. And now that my daughter is out of town, I feel Like that’s one more buffer of protection that is gone from the house. I don’t know why I feel like it makes a big difference, but my mind is telling me that with just the three of us in the house, it would be easier for me to act inappropriately. As I said, it makes me very nervous. 

Any suggestions?

Only natural to feel anxious in general about the situation but don't let the ocd have it's way here, relaxation is probably the advice I would give, take things easy which will probably give the ocd less power.

@PolarBear or anyone else:

Is it normal that even when I am actively dismissing and trying not to ruminate, that I still have this automatic nervous reaction whenever my son is around, or even when I get a text or call from him?  It doesn’t last, but it’s like an involuntary nervous feeling. Have I conditioned myself to have that response?  I really hope it will go away with time. 

3 hours ago, Emmaloowho said:

Is it normal that even when I am actively dismissing and trying not to ruminate, that I still have this automatic nervous reaction whenever my son is around, or even when I get a text or call from him?  It doesn’t last, but it’s like an involuntary nervous feeling. Have I conditioned myself to have that response?  I really hope it will go away with time. 

I actually think the more you ruminate on these thoughts and think about them, physical checking for reactions and all the what with all, the more power you give them. You kind of have to just accept that these thoughts are just that and they don’t describe how you feel. They are just intrusive and irrelevant. 

4 hours ago, Emmaloowho said:

That's what we call a trigger and yes, you've basically taught yourself to have those reactions.