I would say CBT is what you make of it. The most honest you are with your therapist, the more he can help you. I’m pretty honest with mine but even so there are some things that I’m embarrassed to talk with him about. That being said, that does me no good. It does try to help you change the way you think. Hopefully it can set you on the road to recovery. I really hope so. 

Be honest and open, the therapist is there to help you help yourself. CBT is not passive, it is a therapeutic relationship, that means you are an active, committed and involved client. You both work as a team. An assessment / interview /confidentiality and risk discussions may be included, and some psychoeducation will probably be done, with some symptoms/screening self-report questionnaires/measures. The therapist will help you along with all these.  The therapist may also give you some relaxation/stress management exercises if needed. Ask as many questions as you like, the therapist will give you ample opportunity. There will be between session work and probably further symptom measures and worksheets to complete as you go through the sessions. The therapist may/usually make out a formulation ( plan of your problems) with you. Exposure Response Prevention (ERP) is the usual therapy protocol, but both of you must agree  on the formulation, then focus in therapy on what you are targeting it on ,everybody is individual. Please, if the therapist explains something and you don't understand , say so, especially to do with the ERP etc. Please don't be embarrassed. No-matter what type of intrusions/compulsions you have. OCD therapy for a professional therapist, including pure-o thoughts, is their everyday work. I know it might be difficult, but you must be committed and give it your best. This is only a general guide from a retired NHS high-intensity therapist, but other therapists may work differently.