Really worried about recent diagnosis

Hi, I have been seeing a psychiatrist for 5 years regarding OCD and depression. I recently had a consultation with a new psychiatrist as the one I usually see was away. After our meeting he sent me a letter with notes about our meeting. In it he stated that I have severe OCD and severe depression with a 'tinge' of psychosis. This really troubles me, as having psychosis is one of the things that I get obsessed about.

I know that I'm seeking reassurance but has anyone else had such a diagnosis?

3 hours ago, Mike68 said:

Hi, I have been seeing a psychiatrist for 5 years regarding OCD and depression. I recently had a consultation with a new psychiatrist as the one I usually see was away. After our meeting he sent me a letter with notes about our meeting. In it he stated that I have severe OCD and severe depression with a 'tinge' of psychosis. This really troubles me, as having psychosis is one of the things that I get obsessed about.

I know that I'm seeking reassurance but has anyone else had such a diagnosis?

when I first got diagnosed they sent a psychosis team out for my thoughts because I had a "belief" in them despite being irrational, this is whats called lack of insight, psychosis, is a complete lack of insight, were you are conVINCED, irrational things are real, I dont think I had psychosis at that time, just a bad case of ocd. Really it doesnt matter at this point, the answer is the same, I think psychosis itself, we all probably have u a few irrational beliefs, its all quite subjective to be honest, I would take it with a pinch of salt personally.

Thanks for your reply humbleno1. I think you're right - I should take it with a pinch of salt. I'm very anxious and depressed about my thoughts and feelings but I think that I still have insight.

Even if I do have a 'tinge' of psychosis, it's probably best that I try not to worry about it.