Slight relief

Hi posting again but on a different level off anxiety. Not as much. I was talking to a work colleague yesterday she was fed up and we started talking i gave her advice and then i opened up about my struggles then out off the blue, i confessed my recent worry that had plagued me for the last wk and at work yesterday constantly for 12 hrs. Very exhausting, told her my concerns why i,m worrying about this subject. She says **** does happen. Don’t worry about that it would just make you ill. Which it was doing. Advice on here also was great. But why does it sometimes feel like why did i spend all that time worrying. I wouldn’t say i,m out of the woods yet. It’s still slightly niggling. But better than yesterday. Just thought i,d share this. 1. I need to move on from this worry it was years ago. 2. We both agreed not to say anything. 3. It was a mistake. 4. Don’t spend checking on social media too much as this sets you off. 5. If it comes out deal with it then. Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2020 at 21:33, Roopoo47 said:

Hi posting again but on a different level off anxiety. Not as much. I was talking to a work colleague yesterday she was fed up and we started talking i gave her advice and then i opened up about my struggles then out off the blue, i confessed my recent worry that had plagued me for the last wk and at work yesterday constantly for 12 hrs. Very exhausting, told her my concerns why i,m worrying about this subject. She says **** does happen. Don’t worry about that it would just make you ill. Which it was doing. Advice on here also was great. But why does it sometimes feel like why did i spend all that time worrying. I wouldn’t say i,m out of the woods yet. It’s still slightly niggling. But better than yesterday. Just thought i,d share this. 1. I need to move on from this worry it was years ago. 2. We both agreed not to say anything. 3. It was a mistake. 4. Don’t spend checking on social media too much as this sets you off. 5. If it comes out deal with it then. Thanks. 

Your case is curious to me as you really did cheat on your wife, isn't that right? I'm no saint, but I wouldn't be able to cheat on my partner and not tell them. It would eat me up inside. Maybe you're feeling guilty cause that was a horrible thing to do? I'm not saying you're a horrible person. Everyone makes mistakes. But to be honest that was real sh!tty of you and maybe you should tell you wife. If my guy cheated on me and was trying to chalk it up to OCD worries and he should just let it go..... well he could say bye to a certain appendage. But that's just me. I can't good naturedly say oh yeah this is just OCD. Like no. You did something horrid and feel guilty. That's my two cents anyway. I've never come across a post that I didn't really think was OCD but I guess there's a first time for everything. There could be some mixed up in there but you actually did cheat and know that it was wrong. I'd say tell the truth. Lies are bad for the soul and pretty sure your wife deserves to not be married to someone who sticks it in another woman and then lies to her face? People make mistakes but I know that I would want the truth. This is maybe super ****** of me but I don't think so - I feel bad for your wife! Idk how anyone else could let you go with "Oh yeah, it's fine." Guess they have never been cheated on? I say fess up and then let the pieces fall where they may. If you were my guy and it came out later, holy sh!t you'd be sorry haha. Or you can pretend it's OCD and have it resurface all the time because it's actually guilt. Sorry not sorry for being real. Hope you do the right thing!