Worry about daughter

My 4 year old has been found to have blood in her urine. She had it in March too and they should have checked it again to make sure it had gone but they didn't. Of course I am now absolutely terrified that she has something terribly wrong with her and that it has been left unchecked for many months. She has been referred to paeds but God only knows how long we will have to wait. How do I get through this time?? I don't want it to affect her Christmas. 

Hi Annie :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment, it's bound to be worrying for you. One way to get through this time is to try to take each day as it comes, or even each hour, to try to stop yourself worrying about what might happen in the future. You want to make Christmas lovely for your daughter so just focus on doing that and enjoying it in the moment.

Have faith that there are probably many explanations for the blood in your daughter's urine, not just scary ones and worrying won't help in any way.

Sending hugs your way :hug:

I am very similar with worry regarding my kids. It goes way off the scale especially when they are unwell. I would advise against googling stuff as you will just cling on yo the worst case scenario like I do, it's hell. There are plenty of explanations for blood in urine. It might me a kidney infection or a uti. I know it's hard but try to think along those lines as that is the most probable explanation 

I know it's hard but try not to panic.  You haven't been told anything bad. I got myself like this when my 2 year old had swollen glands and an abnormal blood test. In the end all was well. I made myself ill worrying. There are lots of explanations 

If you are very worried I would take her to a&e. I know with Covid it's not ideal but to wait for another 9 days is a long wait especially when you are so scared and concerned. They will do blood tests and other checks but obviously it will be a long wait. I know exactly what you are experiencing as I have been there a few times with my own kids. Children being unwell is horrible for anyone but when you have an anxiety disorder it's so much worse as we tend to catastrophise. Good luck.