What’s a good way of looking for compulsions?

I’m dealing with multiple OCD themes at the moment and I’m trying to lean into the uncomfortable feeling of dissociation and the gronial but it still feels like I could be doing more to aid my recovery any tips or tricks?

One I would say is to never be too hard on yourself.

It's sounds simple but I see a lot of people on this forum who beat themselves up about their OCD and for relapsing or failing to prevent themselves from performing a compulsion and then they fall apart and end up frazzled (myself included).

I believe it makes it worse as you are then fighting two battles, one against your OCD and one against the battle against your OCD and it can heap unwanted and unneeded pressure on yourself.

The fact is, you will fail in stopping compulsions sometimes or relapse but you can choose to either learn from it (ie why did that happen) and use it as a positive or beat yourself over the head with it and say 'oh what's the point!', 'I'm not strong enough' etc...

OCD is an ongoing battle and taking the pressure off yourself for not dealing with it perfectly is, I believe a big step in not only getting rid of unwanted pressure but also in realising that this is a disorder that you haven't asked for instead of 'I have these thoughts because I'm bad, crazy, messed up, etc... and now I can't get rid of them' (which is something I am slowly coming round to).

I hope this makes sense or at the very least, isn't confusing? ?

Symps