Hi, 

I hope everyone is okay. 

I would like to sincerely apologise for disrespecting people who have helped me and offered me the greatest support and guidance I've ever received. I feel like my behaviour has upset and annoyed lots of people, and even though that was never my intention, that should have never happened. I'm really sorry. I don't even know what else to say. I feel like I've ruined friendships, like people hate me and don't want me here anymore - which makes perfect sense really - and that makes me very upset. But I understand that every action has consequences, and here are mine. 

Once again, I'm really sorry. 

Cora. Nobody feels that way. You do not need to apologise. People maybe get frustrated with you at times as you do not seem to implement the advice given, but we all totally know how hard this disorder is to fight. You have not upset anyone nor disrespected anyone. You are very respectful and polite which is why we all want to help so much. I can assure you we all want you to get better, we are all on your side

Many of us offering you support are a lot older than you. I am 48. Many of us have suffered for years and years and maybe we see elements of ourselves in you. We all want you to get better, please do not feel you cannot come here for advice. You have to try to use the forum in the right way through and not just for reassurance or confession or it will not aid your recovery which is ultimately what we all want for you.

Edited by MarieJo

Cora, you're one of the sweetest people ever! Honestly, nothing you have done has been disrespectful. I don't think anyone is mad and nobody wants you to go away. I certainly don't! I just think that sometimes to get through to someone you need to be a little harsh and say things in a very blunt way. I feel really bad doing that to be honest and I felt bad for you getting so many tough messages. But I also felt like it was necessary to try to make you change what you were doing. I think what you got into a cycle of confession and reassurance seeking that was going nowhere and that isn't helpful for you. It's not your fault and this is incredibly hard but at the same time you need to force yourself to try and see things differently and to react differently in order to get your life back. I'll say it now, I really do think you're a lovely person and I want to help you, and if that means being harsh sometimes I'm going to do that. Don't take it personally, it's not a reflection on who you are, it's just necessary sometimes to try and break you out of this cycle. I hope you understand that. I hope you're doing well, stay strong!! ?