self harm

Guest smile

Thanks,

I am kind of worried because it feels more like I want to do something because I havent done it as much. For some reason I really want to do more than I usually would, even tried to use something different. I can just see myself doing it and going further than I should.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eek, I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you here, but when you say that you can see yourself going further than you should, do you mean an attempt on your life? I apologise completely if I have misunderstood what you have written, but if you're concerned for your safety then PLEASE contact someone - a family member, doctor, go to A&E etc.

Thanks,

I didnt do anything as much as I felt I would, just enough for the release. I have been told I can go tomorrow as an emergency to see my consultant to talk about medication. Otherwise I would have to wait until march to see him. Hopefully this can be of some help.

Having self-harming thoughts again. Have already given in once and still feel the need to do it again. I can put it off for the moment as I have to meet my friend, but I dont think I will be able to once I am back. I am almost letting myself say its ok because I will do it when I get back. I just feel like this is going to start of again like it was before.

Guest ca02049

Having self-harming thoughts again. Have already given in once and still feel the need to do it again. I can put it off for the moment as I have to meet my friend, but I dont think I will be able to once I am back. I am almost letting myself say its ok because I will do it when I get back. I just feel like this is going to start of again like it was before.

Its good you feel you can put it off. When you get home tonight you might feel a bit better for meeting your friend and you might want to put it off until tomorrow? Could that help. I'm sorry you are having a tough time but keeping posting if it helps.

Thanks

I am back now and still have the thoughts. I think I am just so fed up with things.

I met my friend, but it didnt make me feel better, worse in fact. I didnt talk much, didnt have much to say. It just proves to me how far I have let this all effect me.

I cant get my mind off the fact that I am eating more now due to being bored and I have put all the weight back on that I had lost.

I find it hard to do any exercise and this morning I didnt want to get out of bed. I could have easily stayed in it if I didnt need to meet my friend.

All this change of routine/eating etc is just getting to me now.

Hi. What positive thing do you think would help you to feel a bit better - anything at all? Could you force yourself to do something? Flick through a mag? Listen to some music?

I really think you could ask your doctor to speed up your therapy. Not sure if she can but it's worth asking!

Hi

i have managed to do some exercise today, but my mood just isnt improving. I dont think there is anything my doctor can do to speed up the therapy.

Its hard because in one way I have made an improvement with routine and eating, but there isnt an improvement with my mood. Today has been the first time that I would have stayed in bed. I am generally fed.

They see it as a good thing as I am going in the right direction, which is true, but my head isnt going in that direction

Hopefully your head will follow though - I think that's quite common. I know I've had to force myself to do things for a while before my mood has improved.

Don't overdo it, just have a few small goals per day and try not to be annoyed with yourself.

Well done on doing the exercise! Hopefully if you keep that up that will help with your mood, too. I feel loads better after exercising.

:)

Thanks for listening,

I am just finding it really difficult at the moment. I am really trying to make and effort with things, but my mood is not with it. I felt like meeting my friend today was pointless, I hardly said a word. I just find it so hard to explain to anyone how I feel. Cant talk to any of my friends, my mum has been and still is out all day. I have managed to book a counselling appointment for thursday, but now feel like I shouldnt have. I guess I am depserate for something to change. I wish I could just talk to someone who will actually understand what I am saying, all anyone can say is make more of an effort.

Just still feeling very isolated. This is the only place I can come and say how I feel.

Hi again. I think the appointment on Thursday will be helpful - hopefully you'll see someone who will be understanding and able to help. Try to go along, even if you don't feel like it. If you're not finding it useful, you don't have to stay long.

Have you been in touch with your friend since meeting today? Maybe you could text or email to explain how you are feeling?

Please do keep coming here as everyone wants to try to help and support you.

Rach x :)

Guest ca02049

Thanks for listening,

I am just finding it really difficult at the moment. I am really trying to make and effort with things, but my mood is not with it. I felt like meeting my friend today was pointless, I hardly said a word. I just find it so hard to explain to anyone how I feel. Cant talk to any of my friends, my mum has been and still is out all day. I have managed to book a counselling appointment for thursday, but now feel like I shouldnt have. I guess I am depserate for something to change. I wish I could just talk to someone who will actually understand what I am saying, all anyone can say is make more of an effort.

Just still feeling very isolated. This is the only place I can come and say how I feel.

Hi Smile

Really hope the appointment goes well for you today, thinking of you and sending hugs.

Rememeber you can always talk to people on here for help advice.

Take care x

Getting the thoughts again. The most I can go is a week without doing anything, but then I always give in.

Today I have taken quite a big step by talking to my dad (after not doing so for 3 years). The thing is I dont want my mum to be annoyed with me like before. She didnt talk to me for two days because I suggested getting in touch with my dad.

This is what I am feeling so bad about at the moment. All I want is for her to be happy and if she isnt it makes me feel ten times worse.

I am just having the urge to self-harm, am even thinking about the next few days when I know my mum will be at work and I will be home alone

Still getting the urges. Have not given in so far, but the thoughts are getting more frequant. I am just feeling really low at the moment and finding it hard.

Hi smile

Well done for resisting SH. I don't know if I can really give you any more advice than hang in there. Watch a good film? Let any frustration out by punching your keyboard? Even smiling in the mirror can help. What about getting a pen and paper, sitting down and writing your thoughts -- but do it in acronym form -- the first letter of each word. That way if someone finds it, they won't be able to work out what you've written...

Cheers

Heryn