self harm

Guest smile

Hi Smile,

Sorry you've done it again today, but well done for yesterday! Do have a look at those links, and if you can, listen to that radio show on Sunday night - it might be helpful.

I think it's hard to exercise at the moment - it's cold and it's just been Christmas - I had to force myself to go to the gym the other day as I hadn't been for 4 weeks! Do you have anyone you could do some exercise with - that might motivate you?

Maybe the trick is to set yourself very small goals such as reading for 15 minutes or exercising for 10 minutes or whatever. You might find you can then extend those times and if you set short times like that your motivation might kick back in! It's hard but you will feel better if you do try to do more things.

Try not to be too hard on yourself - be nice to yourself, you deserve it! Have you arranged another date to meet your aunt?

Take care,

Rach xx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Norwich Star

Hi Smile,

Rachie has given you some fab advice - I work on the Radio One Sunday Surgery Show and I can tell you for sure that you will find the show informative. There is even a chance that I will be speaking on their this Sunday :blushing:

We are all here to support you. Do not look at the 'failures' but keep your mind planted on that one day you succeeded. It's worth a thousand bad days.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

xx.

Getting the thoughts quite a bit now. I think I am getting fed up with myself for being so lazy and doing nothing. I am also out of routine this weekend, but I am trying to go with the flow because it will only help me in the long run.

I am just worried because I have a gp appointment tomorrow and I dont want her to see any new cuts. I definately feel like I need to let out some of this tension that is building.

No need to reply, just getting it off my chest x

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gayle,

things are much better in terms of self-harm. I have gone just over a week without self-harming. Although for some reason I feel like I miss it. Today I have had more of those thoughts, but I shouldnt give in.

Smile x

I havent self-harmed for almost two weeks now, but I am getting the thoughts to now. I think it is because I am getting so fed up with myself for sitting around doing nothing. I really feel like I am going to give in, but I really dont want to. My mum is so pleased that I have stopped and I dont want her to feel bad or think that I am still not doing anything x

Smile, you've done so well for going for 2 weeks without doing it. Can you try what I think you've done before and put it off? So think "I won't do it now but I'll see how I feel this afternoon" and keep trying to put it off like that?

Could you do something nice today to distract yourself? Have you met your aunt recently? Could you arrange to see or speak to her?

Please try not to self-harm - you're doing so well!

Rach xx

thanks rach,

i just think I need that release after all this time. I wouldnt be able to meet with my aunt as its too short notice and she works.

I will try to put it off, but I know that there is plenty of time between now and my mums back from work.

Thanks for listening x

There isnt much that would have distracted me. I kind of knew I was going to do it. I feel a little better apart from feeling like I have let my mum down. Hopefully that will be it for a while again.

Thanks for trying though x

Guest ca02049

Maybe try and set yourself a target to go for 3 weeks next time. I think you did really well managing nearly two weeks. If you keep increasing your target each time maybe you'll just forget to do it.

Try and stay strong and have a peaceful weekend.

Well I dont think I am going to last longer this time. I have really messed things up and sent an email that I shouldnt have. Now I am in a position I dont want to be in. I am just so annoyed with myself and I know what will make me feel better. Why dont I just think properly before I do anything to not hurt others x

Smile, are you sure this email will have upset someone? If you want to tell me about it then please feel free.

Remember if you harm yourself it will only feel better for a little while. Please talk to me about what's bothering you instead if you can. xx

Thanks rach, I have sent you a pm regarding the email I have sent, maybe you can understand a little more. I have already self-harmed again. Just needed the release and werent going to get it anywhere else. Just hoping things dont get any worse otherwise my mood may really drop.

Have managed to go from friday, but now I am getting urges to self-harm again. Everything just seems to be building up. Not being able to speak to my friend, worrying about the possibility of going back to work after two years away and the lack of motivation to do anything but sit in all day.

Well done smile; the fact that you have mananged to go from Fri without SH is really positive :original: :hug:.

It might not always seem like it but you are doing so well. If I remember rightly, there was a time when you were SH-ing every day? See how far you've come :original:.

As to the urges today, would it help to keep distracted on here? I can be here for you to talk to for about the next hour if that would help?