Just started college and..

This happens whenever I’m meeting with peers with this trigger this mainly applies to my Hocd but whenever I see a female class mate my mind immediately goes to checking if I’m attracted to them almost anticipating someone joining a group chat (Which our college uses) This excitement mimicking feeling is immensely scary this coupled with a gronial response as well..and it happens with my female teachers as well.. could anyone explain this?

It's what OCD does I am afraid.

We actually don't use the HOCD term because it can be unhelpful into thinking it's a different type of OCD or is treated differently.  At the crux of it, the same process is taking place that does with other aspects of OCD.  Because you're placing greater emphasis on these thoughts and perhaps the interpretation of the thought is different because of this, the OCD takes you to a different place and the moment you see or hear or think about the thing you worry about (if you're attracted) the OCD starts the 'what if?' game of repeating questions and ruminations.  This frequently leads to body sensations too as you become aware of the thoughts and anxiety. For you it is groinal, for me with contamination worries, if I saw something resembling dog mess my hand would be pounding with pins and needles (because I worried it was contaminated). 

So what you're experiencing is to some degree, a typical OCD response/process.  Hopefully this goes someway to explaining why that is happening for you.

This is why we promote CBT to treat OCD, to help address the thought interpretation in the cognitive part of treatment for example, that will help when you then start to challenge your OCD.  Are you having any kind of help and treatment for the OCD at the moment?

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

It's what OCD does I am afraid.

We actually don't use the HOCD term because it can be unhelpful into thinking it's a different type of OCD or is treated differently.  At the crux of it, the same process is taking place that does with other aspects of OCD.  Because you're placing greater emphasis on these thoughts and perhaps the interpretation of the thought is different because of this, the OCD takes you to a different place and the moment you see or hear or think about the thing you worry about (if you're attracted) the OCD starts the 'what if?' game of repeating questions and ruminations.  This frequently leads to body sensations too as you become aware of the thoughts and anxiety. For you it is groinal, for me with contamination worries, if I saw something resembling dog mess my hand would be pounding with pins and needles (because I worried it was contaminated). 

So what you're experiencing is to some degree, a typical OCD response/process.  Hopefully this goes someway to explaining why that is happening for you.

This is why we promote CBT to treat OCD, to help address the thought interpretation in the cognitive part of treatment for example, that will help when you then start to challenge your OCD.  Are you having any kind of help and treatment for the OCD at the moment?

I had no idea that we don’t use terminology here, as for the pins and needles I can definitely see the correlation between the sensations. I used to have the same fears when I was younger but instead of pins and needles it was more of a shaky throbbing feeling in my hand. Thanks for the reply