Strange but scary theme

I've had OCD for 5 years, mainly with a harm theme. Recently, though, I've developed a strange but scary theme. Basically I keep thinking about other people's lives and how much better than mine they are. I don't think that I feel jealous but these thoughts make me very anxious as they are at odds with my sense of self, which has always been very accepting of other people. I worry that these thoughts make me feel inadequate and angry. I also worry that anything to do with humanity is of no value and that I have no empathy or interest in others.

I ruminate about my feelings toward people as they feel so inappropriate and troubling. 

I've been diagnosed with OCD  but often have difficulty believing that the diagnosis is correct.

Can anyone relate to this?

I think most people, even without OCD, think that other people have better lives than them at times. Do you use social media? Sometimes I can feel inadequate after spending a lot of time on fb etc, especially when someone seems to have a great social life and network of friends as often I can feel a little lonely in that area. People only show you what they want you to see so mostly what we think about others and their perfect life isn't even anything like the truth. I can relate to your feelings towards others as I feel like that at times. I think when you have OCD you over think everything to such a degree you create problems out of nowhere. I think the key is to work on ourselves. To achieve our inner peace and happiness. As you know when you have OCD ruminating makes things so much worse so try to resist the compulsion.

Edited by MarieJo