Fear over having sent an insulting email/text.

I am currently suffering really badly with one of those OCD fears where I feel scared that I have somehow sent an insulting message to someone... I was reading an article online, a celebrity reminded me of the daughter of a friend of my Mum's and I had this horrible insult pop into my head. I then got really scared I had somehow communicated this insult to her - through email/text/phone/internet - and I have all the physical scared symptoms. 

I get this every so often, used to be a lot more regular, but somehow it doesn't matter how often it happens I still feel like it is true. And in this instance it scares me so much because the girl in question has depression so an insult would be even worse than to a healthy person, and her Mum is my Mum's best friend, so anything bad could spoil that friendship.

Do any of you get fears like this? And if so what do you do to get past them? I know it is OCD, but it is so hard to push past the fear... I am forcing myself not to check my computer and phone for any evidence of a sent message to her, but my god it is hard!

Edited by Agrippina
typo